If you want to design your thumbnails for YouTube channels and video clips, this post will tell you all about thumbnail designing and introduce you to the top thumbnail designs.
If you are planning to start a YouTube channel, we would suggest you read this post as you would find many helpful tips related to thumbnail designing.
Conventional thumbnail designing can cost you more than hundreds of dollars. If you cannot afford to pay a professional designer, then you can always take the alternate route that is discussed in this article!
What are Thumbnails – Are they important for videos?
Thumbnail is like the book cover, which helps viewers decide which video clip they want to watch.
The thumbnail is the very first thing on the video clip that people would see on your channel. The thumbnail will decide whether a user would click the video or pass and scroll down.
According to recent stats by YouTube, more than 90% of the top viewed videos are the ones that have customized thumbnails that trigger the interest of the audience.
Suppose you want to direct potential traffic on YouTube to your video clips. In that case, we will urge you to focus on thumbnail designing.
What makes a thumbnail attractive and clickable?
Now before creating a thumbnail, you have to know what makes the thumbnail designs attractive for the viewer:
- An expressive headshot is what attracts a viewer to click on the thumbnail. The human eyes and mind are more attracted towards faces rather than text. You can easily make the thumbnail clickable by adding facial pictures to it. Faces with expressions on them have a great impact on a user’s mind, so use this trick.
- Adding big and bold text in the thumbnail is another trick that can help you make the design more clickable and attractive. A potential viewer cannot read smaller font sizes without proper focus. If you don’t want to waste a potential view, then make sure that you add big and bold text in the thumbnail.
- Adding stickers complimenting the main subject of the thumbnail is also going to help the thumbnail design stand out.
- You have to make sure that the text and readable content stands out and is visible to the viewer in the thumbnail. This can only be done with the help of using contrasting colors in the thumbnail.
These tips would surely help you make your thumbnail clickable. But the real question is how you can create a thumbnail without proper design skills and experience.
Well, the answer to this question is simple: “Online Thumbnail Maker Apps”!
Thumbnail Maker Apps – Do they work?
Online thumbnail maker apps are the utilities that can help you create thumbnail designs for your video clips without any effort.
You can find multiple pre-designed templates and accessible design options that can help you create the most attractive and clickable custom thumbnails.
There are hundreds of different thumbnail maker apps listed on the Playstore and app store, so it can be very difficult for you to find the most effective option.
The thumbnail maker app that we have listed below is considered one of the easiest to use and popular options on the web.
Read More: Wrestling Revolution 3D WWE 2k21 mod
Thumbnail Maker – Create Banners & Channel Art
If you want to create a thumbnail for YouTube video clips all by yourself, then this application is here to help you. This thumbnail maker app is free to use, and you can easily download it on any device you want.
Today YouTube videos are shot usually with a smartphone. So it is only easy to create a thumbnail with your phone and add it to the video.
If you have no experience in creating thumbnails by yourself, then don’t worry. You have to follow the steps that we have listed below.
Download and install the thumbnail creator application on your phone and start following these steps:
- Open the thumbnail maker for youtube and go through all the video and channel art templates.
- You can select the template design that interests you the most, or you can pick a blank Canva from the thumbnail maker.
- Enter the images from your local gallery that you want to add in the thumbnail. Also, type the text that you want to display.
- You can modify the image and the text according to the background and overlays you find in the dashboard.
- After settling the design and customizing it as per the nature of the video, you can view it as a thumbnail and see how it would look on YouTube.
- If you are satisfied with the design, then download the creative thumbnail.
You can use this online thumbnail creator app not only for creating thumbnails for YouTube but for all other platforms!