In this article, we will show you How to connect Vizio tv to wifi without a remote. Just follow some very easy steps below. So let’s see how to connect Vizio tv to wifi without remote.
Below are some of the most common symptoms of WiFi Connection issues:
- Vizio tv internet connection problems
- Vizio tv unable to connect to wifi
- Vizio no network detected
In any of these cases, please follow the steps in the order listed below.
How to connect Vizio tv to wifi without remote
Connect your TV to wifi without a remote by following some simple steps below. So let’s see!
Read More: How to Connect Vizio Sound Bar to TV
Step 1: Check that the Wi-Fi network is up.
- If your router has indicator lights on the front, make sure they are all lit and flashing (or solid if that’s how your router works).
- Find a laptop or smartphone and make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
- Try to open a website or run a speed test. If the device connects, then the problem lies with the television. If the other device does not connect, then you may need to troubleshoot your internet connection.
Step 2: Power Cycle Your Router and TV
- Turn off your television and unplug it.
- Unplug the power cable from your router and leave it unplugged for at least sixty seconds.
- Plug the router back in and wait for all of the lights to come on. This can take up to ten minutes.
- Plug your television back in.
- Now click the input button on the back of your TV and Go to Settings > Test Connection. If a download speed appears, it means your TV is now connected to the internet
Step 3: Toggle DHCP Settings
If none of the above steps have resulted in a Wi-Fi connection, you may want to try toggling your DHCP settings.
To do this you first need to go to your smartphone’s Google Play Store and install the Vizio TV Remote application.
- Press the Menu button on the smartphone remote application.
- Select Network from the Menu options.
- Select Manual Setup.
- Select DHCP. Besides, it will be the word On or Off. If the setting is set to OFF, press the right arrow to turn it ON. If ON, press the right arrow once to turn it OFF and then again to turn it back ON.
- Test out your connection.
In most cases, the DHCP setting should be on. Toggling this setting will often restore your connection when the television loses it.
Step 4: Change Your Router Settings
- Open a web browser on a laptop computer or a desktop and type 10.0.0.0 into the URL bar. This will open the router login screen.
- The login name and password often default to “admin” and “password.” Try these. If they do not work, try the network name and password for your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you log in, look for an option titled Connection on the screen and select it.
- Select Wi-Fi > Edit.
- This opens up the Wi-Fi Settings menu. From here, you can change the name of your network and modify the security settings. Look for the option to swap your router to WPA PSK TKIP and select it.
- Save your changes and log out.
Once you do this, you may need to power cycle your television.
Step 5: Reset Your Television to Factory Default
If all else fails, you might want to reset your TV to its factory settings. This will wipe it clean of any internal data and make it act as though it were brand-new again. So you can try this method on finally.
We hope you got to understand, How to connect Vizio tv to wifi without remote. So try it and solve your problems. Have a good day!!