How to reset MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? Read the full article here to reset your MacBook properly.
Mac computers are generally reliable. However, like any computer, sometimes things go wrong. Before you spend on a new Mac, try a factory reset, which deletes your computer and reinstall a cleaner version of macOS.
Have a problem MacBook that you just don’t seem to be able to solve? Or do you want to sell your MacBook without any trace of personal data? Here’s our guide on how to reset MacBook Pro or a Mac computer to solve any of these problems.
What to do before resetting your MacBook Pro or any MacBook?
We want to focus this guide on resetting your MacBook Pro, but Factory has suggested steps to take before resetting your MacBook that you should be aware of. These will confirm that you don’t lose any personnel files, applications, or photos when you move from one MacBook to another.
There are a few things you should consider before resetting your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
- Back up your MacBook Pro. We can’t underestimate the value of this step. Creating a backup will protect your valuable files. If you don’t back up your data, it will disappear when you reset the factory.
- Sign out of your MacBook iTunes account. To do this, you must first go to Account> Authorizations> Authorize this computer select If you are running the latest macOS Catalina, you can skip this step.
- Sign out of your MacBook iCloud account. Click the Apple menu, go to System Preferences then hit Apple ID. Select iCloud on the side panel and turn off Find My Mac. Then click Overview and then sign out.
- Sign out of your MacBook’s iMessage. Open the Tea Messages application, select Messages then Preferences. Click on the iMessage and sign out option.
- Unpair Bluetooth devices from your MacBook. To do this, first, go to the Apple Menu> System Preferences and select your Bluetooth. Here, you can unpair headphones, keyboards, or other Bluetooth device peripherals.
Now you can reset your MacBook or any Mac computer!
How to reset MacBook Pro or MacBook Air
1. First, shut down if your MacBook is open. Then, press and hold “Command” and “R” together until you see the Apple logo
2. Select your language and, then continue
3. Click “Utility option” > continue
4. Select your startup disk>Erase baton >Macintosh HD > click”Erase” done
5. Click the MacBook menu option
6. Click this option “Reinstall macOS” and then, continue
7. Click “Continue”
8. Click the “Agree” baton and then click Again “Agree” baton
9. Select your disk and click “Install“> then tap continue
Then it will take some time to reinstall macOS. You can then use your reset MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
We hope that after reading this article you have come to understand how to reset MacBook Pro.