Forgot your Windows PC password? Don’t worry, we will let you know through this article how to reset Windows 10 password.
How to reset Windows 10 Password
Don’t worry if you forget your Windows 10 PC password. Because Windows 10 offers the ability to reset your password when you use a Microsoft account. And those who are running Windows 10 April 2018 update or next can reset it using this local account.
With a local account, you’ll need to set up a number of security questions to answer in the event that your login can’t remember. Answer them successfully and you can reset your Windows password and access your account.
To view the Windows version from your PC. first, go to Settings. Then click System, and then click About. There you will see your Windows version. For example, now Windows version 2004 is running.
How to reset Windows 10 password through local account
1. When you forget your Windows 10 password. (shown in the picture below)Next, click on the “I forgot my password” option.
2. Type your email address, then click Next
3. On the screen to verify your identity, choose how you want to get your security code to confirm your account. Click Send Code. Check your email or text for the code. Enter it in the appropriate area and click Next.
4. Create a new password for your Microsoft account on the screen to reset your password. And then click “Next”.
5. The next screen ensures that your password has been changed. Then, click the sign-in option, return to the sign-in screen, and enter your current password.
6. Let’s say you use a local account for Windows 10 PC. The first thing you need to do is set up the security questions you need to help you recover your account. To do this, you must first go to your Windows settings>Then click Accounts> Then go to the Sing In options. Then, click the link to update your security questions.
7. Now, type the password for your local account. Next, select your security questions, type the answers, and then click “Finish”.
8. let’s say you’re on the sign-in screen and your password has left your brain say you can either try guessing the password or leave the password field blank. Click the arrow next to the password field or click the Enter key. Windows notifies you that the password is incorrect. Click OK, next select the Reset Password link.
9. Write answers to your security questions. Then, click the arrow next to the last answer or click Enter.
10. Windows asks you to create a new password. Type a new password and then again type your confirmed new password. Then, click Enter. Windows then allows you to access it with your new password.
We hope you find the article easy to learn how to reset Windows 10 password.