Use airdrop is a very easy process. In this article, we will show you how to use airdrop, how to use airdrop on Mac, and how to use airdrop on iPhone.
How AirDrop Works
How to use AirDrop
Just like activating your AirDrop is different across devices, using it to send files is also different. Here, we’ll show you very easy ways to send files to and from all of your own Apple devices.
How to turn on AirDrop
How to turn on AirDrop, How to turn on AirDrop on Mac, How to turn on AirDrop on iPhone all process is here just click this: How to turn on AirDrop on Mac, and iPhone.
How to use airdrop on Mac
How to turn on and use AirDrop on your Mac,
- First, open “Finder”
- Select “Go” from your menu bar.
- Then look for “AirDrop.”
- Wait some time for an AirDrop window to open.
- If your own Mac’s Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is “turned off”, you will be asked to turn them “on”. Then, AirDrop will be automatically activated on your device.
- In your AirDrop window, you will be asked to choose who you want to see your own apple device.
- Then click on the “Allow me to be discovered by the “everyone” option.
- Pick whether you want your own Mac to be paired with another device of someone in your Contacts or with the device of anyone within your own Mac’s Bluetooth range.
How to Use AirDrop to Send Files from Your Mac
Once AirDrop has been almost activated, you may start using AirDrop to send any files. You may do this both by using the drag and drop method, using your context menu, or using your share sheet.
To use AirDrop on Mac using the drag and drop process,
- First, choose your “AirDrop” option from the sidebar of the Finder window on your device.
- Then, wait for the list of AirDrop users within your own Mac’s Bluetooth range to appear.
- Go to the location of your file that you want to share.
- Then, drag the files that you want to send to the recipient’s image in the window.
- Hit “Send.”
How to transfer the file to use Airdrop from Mac to iPhone
When using a Macbook to send any files to iPhones or iPads, right-click is your best choice. Here’s how it’s done easily:
- First, locate your file you want to send to an iPhone
- Then, Right-click on the filename or thumbnail
- Then, from the drop-down menu, scroll down to “Share”
- In the new sub-menu, Then, select “AirDrop”
- In the new window that appears, then, select the device you want to send any file or folder to.
How to transfer the file to use Airdrop from iPhone to Mac
Sending any files via using AirDrop on iOS and iPadOS is a little different. Here’s how it’s done very easily:
- First, choose any image, file, webpage, or other items you’d like to share with other
- Then, from the bottom of the device screen, select the “share sheet” – a box icon with an upward-facing arrow
- Then, select “AirDrop” from the options. Note: The device you want to send your file to may show up on the device top row if it has your AirDrop active and your device is able to send any files to it as a contact.
- Then, select the Mac you want to send your file to.
Why AirDrop is not working on Mac
There are some things to look for when using the AirDrop on your Mac, especially if you’re running into some problems. Here are a few things to consider for use airdrop:
Your Macbook is old. Does AirDrop work on older Macbooks? Yes – just not as well as newer Macbooks. This can be some problems if you have a very older Mac that doesn’t support “AirDrop,” or are using a version of macOS earlier than Yosemite.
The AirDrop protocol has been changed, and your devices may not be agreeable if you have an older Macbook.
Your Macbook settings are off. Keep in mind always when using “AirDrop,” you have three choices: 1. accept files from everyone, 2. accept files from contact, and 3. not accepting AirDrop files at all. If you have your “AirDrop” settings set to “No One” as we mentioned beforehand, you can’t send or receive any files.
Your own iPhone or iPad settings are wrong. Just like your Mac’s “AirDrop,” iPhones and iPads have three choices. If you’re not able to send and receive from any of those devices, check how “AirDrop” is configured on any device.
Bluetooth and WiFi are not working well. “AirDrop” uses both Bluetooth and WiFi to send and receive any files. If you’re on your same WiFi network, you shouldn’t have issues except for its public WiFi and there is something preventing your devices from connecting (a VPN may cause some issues, for instance). It’s too good to make sure your Bluetooth is on for your devices.
Hopefully, you got to understand very well to How to use airdrop, and how to use airdrop on Mac. Thank you for reading this article.