How to use DSLR as webcam on your pc, and also How to use DSLR as webcam Mac? So, we will show you all processes. Just read the full article.
How to Use DSLR as Webcam
If you don’t have any laptop with an established webcam or any external webcam or just want to grow the most of your own digital camera abilities (like aperture adjusting for blurring your image background), there is a way to adapt your own digital camera as a webcam.
Some digital cameras have the capacity to be used at any time for webcams and are shipped with required webcam software, but most camera vendors don’t provide the before-mentioned software.
In this article, you will learn how to use Canon DSLR and Nikon DSLR camera as your regular webcam with the help of SparkoCam software.
SparkoCam is the software that allows you to turn your Canon camera and Nikon camera into a standard webcam for video chats, conferencing, recordings, and more.
Download and install SparkoCam software
First, download the installation package and run SparkoCam Installer.exe.
Follow all installation steps traction very carefully until the setup is complete.
Connect the camera to your own PC using the USB cable
You must first plug in your camera’s USB cable to the computer.
Turn on the camera
Once your camera gets placed by Windows you may see a new notification in a system tray or a popup window about newly available devices like the one under.
If you don’t see like this a window – don’t worry, it isn’t obligatory, so simply follow the next steps.
Launch SparkoCam software
Go to your PC Device tab and Then select the Canon Camera checkbox to transform your own Canon DSLR camera into a PC or laptop webcam and in the same case you have a Nikon DSLR camera to select the Nikon DSLR camera checkbox.
If you have just one camera connected to your PC, SparkoCam software will automatically pick it up, otherwise select the required camera from your all Camera list.
Choose SparkoCam software Virtual Webcam as your source web camera in your chat apps
At this step, you require to configure your own target app to use SparkoCam software as a video source.
For example, to configure your Skype account you need to open the Options dialog and select the SparkoCam software Virtual Webcam in the Select webcam list.
Some important information, please note that Canon DSLR camera and Nikon DSLR cameras don’t provide functionality for using their microphones for any audio capturing, so it wants to be possible to use the camera’s built-in microphone for any sound, thus you need an external microphone to enable your voice.
Read More: Camera lens cleaning kits, Camera lens hood
How to use DSLR as webcam Mac
How to Install Canon EOS Webcam Utility Beta
- First, download the Canon EOS Webcam Utility Beta.
- Then open your device folder and Double-click the zip file to extract the package file.
- Then double-click the extracted package file to start the installation process.
- Then click the Continue button.
- Then see the Software License Agreement page, read all agreements information text then click Continue, followed by Agree on the pop-up notice.
- Confirm the place it will be installed. Then click the Install button.
- If there are any apps running that will directly interfere with the installation, pop-up notice windows will offer to close them. Click Close Apps and then Install. You may also have to approve the installation at this location.
- A notice warns the Mac will restart after the installation process finishes. Then, click Continue Installation.
- After seeing the confirmation the installations were successful and then click Restart.
How to Use Canon EOS Webcam Utility Beta software
- After the installation process is complete, insert a USB cable into your Canon camera. The USB port is usually placed on the left-hand side of your camera, under a flap.
- Connect the USB cable to your Mac.
- Set your camera into Movie Mode.
- Then, enter the settings menu of your video conferencing application and select the EOS Webcam Utility Beta from the list of your webcam sources.
Other camera brands and options
Canon is not the single-camera vendor to offer utilities for their devices to be used as webcams, though whether your selective camera brand offers some a tool is another story.
Fujifilm brand has very recently started to provide related software, but just for Windows PCs for at this moment. Nikon brand does not offer its own apps; however, Nikon instead suggests the use of some paid software like “Ecamm Live”.
Though there are few tools available for Sony cameras to remotely control it from your desktop, it has yet to release its own dedicated webcam utility software.
For some cameras that offer HDMI outputs, there is also the option of using an HDMI capture device, similar to the Elgato Cam Link 4K. These materials can accept the live video output from your camera and allow it to be used simply like a webcam within apps.
Hopefully, you got understand very easily all processes of How to Use DSLR as Webcam.