How to use keyboard and mouse on ps4 and how to use keyboard and mouse on ps4 without adapter we get to show you in this article.
What can you use a keyboard and mouse on your PS4 for?
Using the DualShock 4 controller to any type or browse the web can be cumbersome, so a PS4 with any keyboard and mouse makes navigation more comfortable.
You can also use them to navigate the dashboard, use any media apps, type text messages, or any typing, and even play some games.
How to Connect a Wired Keyboard and Mouse to a PS4
If you connect your PC’s keyboard and mouse to your PS4, you may be pleasingly surprised. It’s not all that hard. Simply plug the keyboard and mouse into the USB port on the front of your PS4.
If you are using both a keyboard and mouse, plug your mouse into the other USB port on the front of the ps4 console.
The PS4 recognizes most devices immediately and flashes a keyboard and mouse icon on the PS4 screen to let you know the connection is established.
Unluckily, if the PS4 doesn’t recognize your own particular brand, there is no more you can do about it. The PS4 device doesn’t support any downloading and installing drivers.
What to Do if You Are Out of USB Ports on your PS4?
The many USB ports on the front of the PS4 have multiple great uses, charging your own PS4 controllers, hooking up an external drive to extend your own PS4 storage, and also connecting the PlayStation VR system.
Don’t worry. The PS4 controller also supports connecting a USB hub to one of these ports, which can grow the number of USB devices you can hook into your own console.
If you want to use a wired keyboard and mouse and still have access to charging your own PS4 controller and your external drive over USB, you need a just USB hub.
How to Connect a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse to a PS4
The ways for connecting a Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth mouse are a few extra in-depth than connecting a wired Keyboard and wired Mouse, however, the process is alike to connect them on your PC and Mac.
The PS4 device works with most wireless keyboards and Mouse, but you may run into some problems with keyboard and mouse combo units that use a single USB transceiver key to connect to your PC rather than connecting directly through Bluetooth.
Basically, In this case, the PS4 console might recognize just one of these devices, usually the keyboard.
Related article: How to connect Bluetooth headphones to ps4
To connect the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to the PS4:
- First, sign in to your own PS4 profile and go into the PS4’s Settings menu, which is the 2nd item from the right on the top-level menu bar.
- Then, choose Devices.
- The first option Devices menu is Bluetooth Devices. Then click the X button on the controller to choose it.
- You should see here your Bluetooth keyboard or Bluetooth mouse listed. If not, follow the device all instructions on making it discoverable and wait some seconds for it to appear on the PS4 Bluetooth list.
- Then, scroll down to the device’s name in the list and then click the X button to connect the device.
- If you are prompted for some code and you don’t know it, enter 0000.
Can You Change your Keyboard and Mouse Settings?
If you are using a left-handed mouse, you aren’t stuck with the default settings. You can customize your keyboard and mouse to fit your wants, including your pointer speed. You first need to be in your device Settings.
- Sign in to your device profile.
- Then choose Settings from the top-level menu of the PS4.
- Scroll down to Device’s name and click the X button on the controller.
- The Device Mouse settings under Devices lets you can change from a right-handed mouse to a left-handed mouse sating. And you can also change the cursor pointer speed to Slow, Normal, or very fast.
- The Keyboard settings let you choose any language if you aren’t using a regular keyboard that matches your own language settings for the PS4. You can also set the Key Repeat setting is too Short, Normal, or very long.
How can I use keyboard and mouse on ps4 without adapter?
Playing all games with a keyboard and mouse on your own PS4 can be an expensive game, with the most useful accessory for the job being the HORI Tactical Assault Commander Pro (TAC Pro) for $130. It is officially licensed by Sony company lmt.
And as such would be an allowed accessory in their online games. While allowing your own Keyboard and mouse is a grey area, particularly for a competitive play game like Overwatch and Rainbow Six, It’s worth mentioning here that there is some minor possibility this can get you are banned.
Now, If you are ready to go, find out How to Use Keyboard and Mouse on PS4 without Adapter.
Hopefully, you got to understand How to use keyboard and mouse on ps4?